Saturday, March 1, 2008

The interview

Yesterday we had our Kindergarten "interview" at Holy Infant. I could have drove myself nuts wondering what that meant exactly. I couldn't imagine the interview questions. Fortunately it turned out to be much simpler than I anticipated. The pastor just talked about how important it was for us to be taking our family to church to co-incide with what they will be teaching there at school. And he wanted to make sure we knew the tuition and what ways we could pay it. Easy enough.

Then we had to chat with the principal who is an adorbale older nun who's Irish through and through. She spoke about the academics, pick-up routine, uniforms and wanted to know things about us, like where Brad worked, if I worked, and what we knew about a Catholic education. It turned out quite a bit, compared to some. She seemed to be excited to have us, especially once we explained how important it was to us for Barrett to go to a Catholic school, not necessarily education-wise ( we are aware of the known benefits of a Rockwood school district education) but value-wise. We really feel there is a difference and we made sure she knew that.

I am so excited for Barrett to get started on her journey at Holy Infant. I think she'll love it. However, I can't believe I'm going to have a kindergartner!

No comments: