Thursday, March 6, 2008

Snow Day



On Tuesday morning I woke at 6:30 a.m. and all the schools were closed -- but there was not a flake of snow on the ground or falling. I thought the weatherman had really messed up this time!But by 8:30 It started coming down and didn't stop for hours. We ended up getting 7 or 8 inches which is more than we 've gotten as far back as I can remember.

When Barrett awoke we told her "snow day!". Instead of smiling and squealing we got a different response...."ahhh...I wanted to go to school today." I guess she's too young (and only in preschool) to enjoy the benefits of an unplanned day off. She does only go to school 3 days a week anyway. I guess she saw the snow day as just another day stuck in the house with her little sister and me.

We had a nice relaxed day watching those beautiful flakes come down like rain and we had our laughs watching Guinness coast down the back steps like he was riding a sleigh. The three of us taunted at the window and giggled as he searched endlessly for a good "spot" in the sea of white only to find that when he crouched down to go, his backside dipped down into the freezing snow everytime -- sending him on a whole new search. What a show!

When Brad got home, he bundled the girls up and took them outside to sink their legs into the huge piles. Barrett pelted everyone she saw with giant snowballs, Peyton ate the snow off her mittens. Neither of them lasted too long out there. When they came in we plopped them in a hot bath and I had hot chocolate and cookies waiting. Doesn't that sound great?

No comments: