Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Girls Role "Model"

On Saturday, Barrett and Peyton went to watch their 13 year old cousin, Ashlynn, perform in a fashion show she was performing in for modeling classes she recently began attending. Ashlynn is who my girls MOST look up to. They want to look like her, dress like her, be like her and go wherever she is.

Quite frankly, I couldn't ask for a better example for them. Not only is she lovely...she is an all-around awesome kid! She is smart, responsible and polite. She is kind, caring and generous. She is admirable, honest and reliable.

I don't know if Ashlynn's goals for these classes is to become "the next supermodel", but I do know that in them she is learning things about style, poise and self-assurance that have already made a difference in how she carries herself. She is developing confidence in herself that she deserves to have. Ashlynn is a true beauty inside and out. Ashy, we love you!

__________________________________________________________

While we were waiting for the Fashion Show to begin -- Barrett decided she would give the runway a whirl. Check her out!


2 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Whoa...look at her shoulders go. Think she's got the supermodel attitude down pat!

Musings of a Housewife said...

So cute in that white dress. Funny, I took a modeling class once when I was a teenager. Too bad I didn't keep the posture I learned! :-)