Monday, April 7, 2008

The Girls Partied All Weekend

On Saturday night the girls attended their first "Almost" slumber party at their cousin Brynn's home (Barrett's bestest friend), where they got to eat lots of junk, play girly games and do elaborate crafts. My idea of an art project is coloring pictures or sticking on foam shapes...however, their crafty aunt Jenny had the girls mold their own soap and make their own lip gloss (made of Crisco and kool-aid mix, I do not recommend -- yuck!). The girls had a great time but we picked them up right before bedtime. We are not quite ready for sleepovers.

Sunday morning, we squeezed in church before going to a bowling party for cousin Matthew's 3rd birthday. It was at Epiphany (my old gradeschool) Lanes (they have a small bowling alley there). It was such a cute little party and the girls had a blast...and I love the shoes! Barrett could have thrown that ball down the gutter-bumpered lanes all day long. And although Peyton did roll the ball down a few times, she much preferred cheering everyone on. I got video of that -- hopefully I can get that posted later (I need a little help).




Immediately following, we headed to the Overland Moose Lodge to attend a surprise 60th birthday party for their great Aunt Patti. The surprise was a success, for Patti thought we were having the Easter hunt and party that was cancelled weeks ago due to weather. Unfortunately, Barrett spent the day asking "when's the egg hunt?".

The Lodge was filled with familiar people, heaps of food and tons of pictures of Patti's 60 years. It was obvious that she was effected by the gathering and shocked by the event. Although, I don't why -- Patti has touched many people's lives with her warmth and kindness and everyone was more than anxious to pay tribute to her. She is very special in all of our lives -- She has always been a great encouragement and inspiration to Brad in his career endeavors, she's a wonderful friend to me and she is kind of a "grandma-extension" to the girls. We all love her dearly. Happy 60th, Patti...and many more!


Now that the whirlwind of a weekend is done, I am relieved to get back to normal pace and start our Monday (and the laundry). Now if you'll excuse me, I am being summoned to a match of Princess Memory Game....

No comments: