Monday, September 15, 2008

Both in School...

I can't believe it...now both my girls are in school and for three mornings a week -- I am on my own. I was not sure what I was going to do with myself -- but it turns out those 2 and 1/2 hours of alone time go very quickly...too quickly indeed!

Peyton started preschool wonderfully. On the first day we visited her classroom together for about an hour...and she cried...WHEN I TRIED TO TAKE HER HOME! The next day she went by herself for an hour. When I dropped her off, she simply said "Bye, Mom" and when I picked her up she asked if tomorrow she could stay longer. And so she did. On the third day she had her first full day of preschool from 9 to 11:30, and she loved it!

Her reaction to all of this is so different from her older sister. For now...knock on wood...there is no separation anxiety, no nervousness and she is embracing becoming a big girl better than I could ask for. It is such a relief!



No comments: