Monday, August 25, 2008

Breakaway Barrett....

Barrett had her first Kindergarten Soccer games over the weekend. Her school had a tournament over Saturday and Sunday and she got to play in 3 games. She really enjoyed herself and seemed to get the hang of it fairly quickly, considering they have only had a couple of practices.

A few times she was able to get the ball and dribble in front down to the goal. This excitement made her enjoy the sport even more(however, no points made yet). I heard a few of the moms on the sidelines calling her "Breakaway Barrett" when she would do this...saying she was small and quick and nobody could see her. I hadn't realized what a cheerleader I would enjoy being for her games -- I am surprised I still have my voice! I am a very proud mama.

Before her last game of the tourney, Barrett asked..."mom if I make a goal this game, could I get a really BIG ice cream?" I, of course replied, "the biggest one you've ever seen!" Maybe next time.

No comments: