Monday, June 29, 2009

FYI -- the Tooth Fairy comes to Jackson, Mississippi

We left on our road trip to Gulf Shores on last Friday afternoon. We drove for about 8 hours and stopped at a hotel in Jackson, Mississippi for a rest. When I brushed Barrett's teeth for bedtime, her VERY FIRST loose tooth popped right out. Barrett ran the halls of the hotel alerting family members who were traveling with us what had happened, while I tried to figure out a secure place to put the tiniest tooth I had ever seen. Luckily, I had a little tube container in which I keep my ear plugs (husband snores terribly) and we were good to go. She put the tube proudly under her hotel bed pillow and lulled herself to sleep, finally, with talk of whether the tooth fairy would find her so far away. She awoke disappointingly to find the tube still under her pillow. However, when she peeked in the tube, in the place of the tiny tooth was a rolled-up, crisp $10 bill. From what I hear (and made sure I informed Barrett of this) was that the Tooth Fairy pays richly for the first tooth and the rest aren't worth so much -- (thank goodness!) She couldn't wait to spend her wealth in the Gulf Shores gift shops and it was an exciting event to start the trip!

No comments: