Thursday, June 5, 2008

Potty Power!

After our trip to Disney, plans were in the making for Peyton's potty training. I knew I had to somehow get it done within the 3 months of summer to be ready for preschool -- but I wasn't looking forward to it. Peyton can be stubborn, resistant and doesn't exactly like to what others want her to do.

As soon as we got back from vacation, I scheduled a day to begin. Right before that day a friend-of-a-friend told me about a charter-on-demand program called "Potty Power." Her son had watched the video once and woke up the next day with the desire to potty training. I was skeptical, but was willing to try anything.

So...on the scheduled day, I went into Peyton's room cheerfully singing a little song about how today was the day to become a big girl. I put underwear on her and turned on the "Potty Power" video. It is a show made up of sing-a-longs, demonstrations and stories about being a big kid, doing things on your own and being proud to wear underwear. She loved it! She used the potty all day and was thrilled to be doing it. We've watched "Potty Power" a couple of times a day since then and we seem to sing the catchy tunes all day long. "No more diapers for me!"

Besides a few accidents because we just couldn't get there quite fast enough and a small struggle with #2. Peyton is potty trained. I'm so proud...and so is she!

3 comments:

Kari said...

We are totally going to have to watch that video!

Congrats Peyton!

dawn said...

Yay Peyton! Way to Go.

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

It is on order for Timothy!! Cross your fingers and pray that it works!